Friday, June 03, 2005

Old Friends

My mom and my best friend from high school came to town to visit me for a couple of hours last night. My best friend now lives in Germany, which I think he enjoys much more than the U.S. It was really good to hang out with him again. We caught up on old times and he met some of my new friends (friends from law school). It was cool.

One of my other friends found out recently that her husband is cheating on her. Good times. She works a lot, and she never really liked sex with him very much anyway so I guess it was to be expected, but it really does suck for her. I think you should probably leave a person rather than cheat on them. Cheating on them seems like just some sort of passive way to make the other person want to leave you because you are unhappy and don't have the nads to step up and say, I'm not happy. Either that or a total sign of disrespect.

I put a post up here yesterday for about an hour. It was regarding my hatred for car insurance. I think I still have it saved somewhere. But I took it down because I didn't want to offend anyone who might sell car insurance or really have a love for car insurance, or something like that. After all, I thought, I really don't know anything about car insurance. Maybe it really is the best thing since sliced bread and I'm just being overly hostile towards it. I'm still toying with the idea of reposting it, but I just can't decide.

I hope you all have fantastic weekends.

6 comments:

  1. You should totally keep the car insurance post up! As you've explained, the purpose of your blog is to keep friends up to date on your life and your thoughts, and to act as an archival journal for those messages. If the format you've chosen (ie, blog) is affecting your decisions about what to share and what not to share, then perhaps you should reconsider the format.

    I personally LOVE that you're using blogger, and I really think it's the best format for your needs. Delete annoying comments and don't worry about them. Be a Censor - it's your forum and your right to be so. Only your whims govern the rules of which comments get to stay and which get to go. You don't have to have nor explain any of your rules. J no like, comment bye bye.

    Maybe blogger has a function to protect access to your blog? That way you could keep the general (annoying) public outta here and preserve your freedom to share anything you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger does allow me to restirct access, but one of the most useful methods would be to restrict it to members of blogger only, but then all my friends that aren't members (like you) couldn't post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it so nice to spend time with family? Even if it is only for a few hours.

    Cheating sucks. I was in a relationship when we both cheated and it was under strange circumstances--that relationship. I regret those decisions but theres no going back now.

    I'm interested in the car ins. post. Although I must admit, I have a true love for car ins. and am slightly fearful that I will be offended. :)

    I posted that link after your comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turns out that I do have a Blogger account. : - )

    And a blog, too, that I never update.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welll, I don't have a blogger account, and I appreciate J leaving the forum open to people that are unable to have said blogger accounts for...reasons that are self-explanatory actually, when you consider why someone -couldn't- have such an account.

    I agree with Jenny, though, keep the insurance post alive! Remember, you're not here to placate others; this blog is about what you find noteworthy to write about and tell others about, not about you censoring yourself so as not to offend people. Censor them! not yourself. Besides, who's gonna be offended, aside from that guy in the Geico commercials that's all about their 97% satisfaction rating?

    Thanks for the weekend wishes; my weekend WILL be phantastic, as I'm doing two picnics and a concert. That's one reason why it was so funny when everyone asked what I was doing for last weekend, the 3-day weekend. I was like, resting up for June! I hope you are found to be having fun as well, with fun people, doing fun things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My best friend my Sophmore year in HS was a girl named Kristin, she was the foreign exchange student from Germany.. she lived next door, and we were pretty much inseperatable. I miss her so much, but her home is in Berlin, and I havent talked to her for about 2 years. :(
    Yes I agree cheating sucks. It's wrong, and its the hardest thing to ever get over. If you feel the need to get some elsewhere, you should def. break up with the person first.

    ReplyDelete

Google
WWW Search this site