I remarked to my friend the other day, "Some women find me attractive." She eyed me for a moment, trying to see it. "Maybe in a Nick Cage sort of way?" I responded, "Yeah, I don't know either."
I had one girl tell me that she found me attractive because I was intelligent. That's right, she wanted me for my mind. (I'm resisting the temptation to throw a blowjob pun in here.) A few women have been lured to me, like a moth to the flame, by my witty humor. I'd love to think that my amazing sense of humor could get me women galore, but c'mon, how many comics have women throwing their panties at them during a show? Some women have remarked at my attentiveness and ability to listen to them. They find this to be an amazing trait, and apparently a rarity among most men. I also have a certain degree of confidence, tempered by my constant belief that no girl will ever fall for me. (Always shocked when they do.) I have been told that I have certain skillz, in the carnal area, but no girl can tell that by looking at a guy. I have even known a couple of girls that were actually attracted to me for my looks alone, but I seem to spawn the inside out sort of love. The kind developed over conversation, and sexual inuendo - the sexual tension building.
I just do not appear to be the guy that will spawn the lust in millions of young girls' hearts with my suave looks alone. Maybe a couple thousand, but in a sea of millions, them's not good odds, especially with 95% of the population being undatable. It means that you do not end up having a lot of meaningless sex with random women, which is not necessarily a bad thing because who wants to end up with the girl having random sex? It also means that there can be a lot of downtime in-between women.
I remember at one of my offices, I specified the three traits I look for in a woman: cute, nice, and smart. They felt I was setting my standards too low, and there I was thinking I had set them too high. The more I have dated, and the more time I have spent meeting and getting to know women, the more unattainable I seem to believe finding those three traits in one woman is. It's a hunt, a game, a challenge, and an investment. An investment of time, energy, heart, soul, and, of course, money. It's high stakes poker, and I suck at poker. (Resisting the temptation to make another pun.)
The nice things about downtime are catching up on all the things you were wanting to do, reflecting upon your past relationships and what they say about you and the people you are attracted to, rethinking what you should be looking for in a relationship, and forming new plans regarding finding another "Miss Right". Like a moth to flame.
I had one girl tell me that she found me attractive because I was intelligent. That's right, she wanted me for my mind. (I'm resisting the temptation to throw a blowjob pun in here.) A few women have been lured to me, like a moth to the flame, by my witty humor. I'd love to think that my amazing sense of humor could get me women galore, but c'mon, how many comics have women throwing their panties at them during a show? Some women have remarked at my attentiveness and ability to listen to them. They find this to be an amazing trait, and apparently a rarity among most men. I also have a certain degree of confidence, tempered by my constant belief that no girl will ever fall for me. (Always shocked when they do.) I have been told that I have certain skillz, in the carnal area, but no girl can tell that by looking at a guy. I have even known a couple of girls that were actually attracted to me for my looks alone, but I seem to spawn the inside out sort of love. The kind developed over conversation, and sexual inuendo - the sexual tension building.
I just do not appear to be the guy that will spawn the lust in millions of young girls' hearts with my suave looks alone. Maybe a couple thousand, but in a sea of millions, them's not good odds, especially with 95% of the population being undatable. It means that you do not end up having a lot of meaningless sex with random women, which is not necessarily a bad thing because who wants to end up with the girl having random sex? It also means that there can be a lot of downtime in-between women.
I remember at one of my offices, I specified the three traits I look for in a woman: cute, nice, and smart. They felt I was setting my standards too low, and there I was thinking I had set them too high. The more I have dated, and the more time I have spent meeting and getting to know women, the more unattainable I seem to believe finding those three traits in one woman is. It's a hunt, a game, a challenge, and an investment. An investment of time, energy, heart, soul, and, of course, money. It's high stakes poker, and I suck at poker. (Resisting the temptation to make another pun.)
The nice things about downtime are catching up on all the things you were wanting to do, reflecting upon your past relationships and what they say about you and the people you are attracted to, rethinking what you should be looking for in a relationship, and forming new plans regarding finding another "Miss Right". Like a moth to flame.
Like a moth to a flame and sunburn to this red head, I keep coming back because of the writing and your ability to express yourself.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the down time to reconnect with yourself and do the things you haven't.
I dare you.
I pop by your blog every now and then but have never really posted. (Now I feel a bit like a peeping tom...)
ReplyDeleteBut after I read this post this morning, I have been sitting in my office and humming Janet Jackson- "Like a moth to the flame burned by desire". That's all. I just felt the need to share.
Your gonna find someone great.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing, Kellie. Don't worry, you aren't alone in the Peeping Tom department, if my stat counter is to be believed.
ReplyDelete