Well, while some are out on a date and others are drinking, I sit here typing my next post. I did attempt to locate a decent drink tonight. Wine was going to be my weapon of choice, but we went through four bottles of spoiled wine (two of them we had just purchased) before we called it quits. I also tried my best to locate a date in Orlando (as I am here visiting friends), but it simply was not going to happen. I was too busy wasting my life away in Disney's Magic Kingdom (Wally World).
As I mentioned to someone earlier today as I was standing in the larger than large line to get on the Small World ride, I have realized that the world is not really that small after all, and it's filled with mean and annoying people. Somehow theme parks seem to attract this type of person, as they lumbar along, pushing others out of their way because they are just as miserable, in the most happy place on Earth, as everyone else. We were there for no less than five hours, and made it onto a grand total of five rides, which was not terribly bad, given the mass of people swarming.
I went to Busch Gardens once, and it was great. However, I think the reason it was great, aside from the company, was that no one was there. It was in the middle of a week in early May. It was awesome. We went on the same ride about six times in twenty minutes. Today, I had no desire to venture to The Kingdom. I thought Universal maybe. After all, I have an annual pass, but everyone else wanted me to go the way of The Mouse. So they bought me a ticket, and I went. I'm very accommodating that way. I learned that there are special things at Disney to occupy the fanatics' time. For example, there are hidden images of Mickey throughout the park. It's sort of like a Where's Waldo game only much more vast and amorphous. Armed with your knowledge, you can impress your friends by pointing out all of the places that you see a Mickey face.
Somehow, this concept reminds me of Easter eggs on DVD's, which I cannot stand. I understood them in computer programs, to an extent. In my experience, they were only mostly known and used by nerds, and I am speaking as a nerd now. Suddenly, these items have become trendy and must be in DVD's. Why? Why can't you just include these special little features in with the rest of the special features? Or if people really want these stupid things, why can't you sell two versions, a version for the geeks that want to waste their time either figuring out where all the damn Easter eggs are or downloading the instructions from some other geek who has already found them, and another version for regular people like me that just want to see all the content without jumping through all the hoops? Does this meaningless hunt somehow prove I am a more devoted fan? I mean, I bought the damn DVD. Clearly, I am a fan enough to spend the money on something I could have downloaded for free instead. But, I digress.
In a way, the lines were good. I got to call people, and text others, and I also got to discuss life, the universe, and everything with my friends (this, of course, included a brief discussion of me moving out of the State of Florida for somewhere with more affordable real estate). However, I still feel that this all could have been accomplished in more hospitable surroundings.
As I mentioned to someone earlier today as I was standing in the larger than large line to get on the Small World ride, I have realized that the world is not really that small after all, and it's filled with mean and annoying people. Somehow theme parks seem to attract this type of person, as they lumbar along, pushing others out of their way because they are just as miserable, in the most happy place on Earth, as everyone else. We were there for no less than five hours, and made it onto a grand total of five rides, which was not terribly bad, given the mass of people swarming.
I went to Busch Gardens once, and it was great. However, I think the reason it was great, aside from the company, was that no one was there. It was in the middle of a week in early May. It was awesome. We went on the same ride about six times in twenty minutes. Today, I had no desire to venture to The Kingdom. I thought Universal maybe. After all, I have an annual pass, but everyone else wanted me to go the way of The Mouse. So they bought me a ticket, and I went. I'm very accommodating that way. I learned that there are special things at Disney to occupy the fanatics' time. For example, there are hidden images of Mickey throughout the park. It's sort of like a Where's Waldo game only much more vast and amorphous. Armed with your knowledge, you can impress your friends by pointing out all of the places that you see a Mickey face.
Somehow, this concept reminds me of Easter eggs on DVD's, which I cannot stand. I understood them in computer programs, to an extent. In my experience, they were only mostly known and used by nerds, and I am speaking as a nerd now. Suddenly, these items have become trendy and must be in DVD's. Why? Why can't you just include these special little features in with the rest of the special features? Or if people really want these stupid things, why can't you sell two versions, a version for the geeks that want to waste their time either figuring out where all the damn Easter eggs are or downloading the instructions from some other geek who has already found them, and another version for regular people like me that just want to see all the content without jumping through all the hoops? Does this meaningless hunt somehow prove I am a more devoted fan? I mean, I bought the damn DVD. Clearly, I am a fan enough to spend the money on something I could have downloaded for free instead. But, I digress.
In a way, the lines were good. I got to call people, and text others, and I also got to discuss life, the universe, and everything with my friends (this, of course, included a brief discussion of me moving out of the State of Florida for somewhere with more affordable real estate). However, I still feel that this all could have been accomplished in more hospitable surroundings.
Hello, just want to thank you for telling me the correct spelling of aperture, I was trying to look it up before, and couldn't find it.
ReplyDelete- Frances
Yeah and all those shark attacks make the beaches unbearable as well in Florida!
ReplyDeleteyou forgot about the texts.
ReplyDelete