Monday, June 06, 2005

Tough Weekend

I am a blogging slacker. I simply do not blog as much as many other people. I'm lucky if I add an update 3 or 4 times per week, but I have friends that update 1 or 2 times per day. A total slacker am I. Very sad.

This weekend I got my car its routine checkup and maintenance, had breakfast with my ex, and saw Star Wars. Breakfast with the ex did not go as well as I had hoped. It was so weird - seeing her again for the first in weeks. I really didn't know what to say or how to act. I also didn't expect to still have feelings for her. It was so weird. We tried talking some more later that day, and that sort of seemed to go a little better, but Sunday was bad too.

I remember when I was in undergrad one of my friends broke up with his girlfriend. They were such a fun couple. I liked them both and I liked hanging out with them both, which made it suck all the more when they broke up because I didn't get to hang out with her anymore. Lines were drawn and such. The thing was that they still really cared about each other and tried hanging out and being friends right after. At the time, I was dating one of his friends (isn't it cool to have friends with hot friends that like you?), and she and I spoke about the situation and we both agreed that this was a terrible mistake on their part. We felt that they would probably be able to be friends again one day, but not right away, and they both needed space and time to get over each other and the hurt and all of that in order to ever really be able to be friends in the future. But how do you tell your friend that? You don't. You sit, wait, and hope that you are wrong. It didn't really work out terribly well for them as I recall. I really understand his dilemma though now that I am in it.

Despite my misgivings and my preconceived notions, I liked Star Wars. I heard a lot of bad things about it, but I really thought it did everything that it needed to do to bridge the gap. Sure, I thought there were aspects that could have been better, but this was a substantial improvement, in my opinion from Episodes I & II.

I heard on the news today that they used computers to shrink Lindsay Lohan's breasts for the new Herbie movie that is coming out because the size of them offended some parents. You have got to be kidding me. (I thought they looked a little small in the previews.) I still cannot believe that the studio did it. It makes me not want to see the movie now.

1 comment:

  1. You are a blogging slacker.
    But you will be forgiven as clearly, the force is with you.
    Expect the awkwardness to eventually go away. But the only way to get through it is to keep at it.
    I still have yet to see the sith. I'm sure I will love it once I do.
    I think Lindsay had implants and recentley had them removed. She was in the hospital for some "exhaustion" excuse a little while back and miracously when she got out her boobs had deflated and she now is an anorexic/ flatter version of what she used to be. Check out goodplasticsurgery.com

    ReplyDelete

Google
WWW Search this site