Monday, September 18, 2006

Detour

"I don't understand why you aren't following your own advice."

"I'm worried I'll be making a mistake."

"You'll be alright, as long as you go with your gut. How often has your gut been wrong?"

"Never. Well there was that one night that I insisted I wanted a third helping ..."

"That's quite a track record. You're always complaining about others not listening to your advice. I think you should seriously consider giving yourself a good stern talking to and follow the path that you know is best for you."

"I don't like that path. It looks rather daunting, scary, and sad."

"No one ever said the right path would look nice and attractive at the outset. It's the right path because of where it leads. Sometimes the paths that are easiest and most inviting are the paths to our own pain and destruction."

"Like the gingerbread house in the fairy tales?"

"Yes, Goldie Locks. Like the gingerbread house."

1 comment:

Google
WWW Search this site