"So let me get this straight. This guy beat you, cheated on you with at least two women, is constantly critical of you and making you feel self-conscious, and you are worried about whether or not you look good enough to keep him?"
"When you put it that way, it sounds ridiculous."
"It is ridiculous. Have you ever considered going back out with your ex?" (He was arguably the nicest guy this girl ever dated, and from all accounts, was pretty attractive.)
"I couldn't date him again. And you know the really messed up thing?"
"There's more?"
"As jealous as I am, I really hope he meets someone because he deserves better. He's such a great guy."
"I think you've lost your mind. You're telling me you gave up the really nice attractive guy for the drug addict abusive cheating guy that treats you like crap? How the hell does that make any sense?"
"I'm hoping he'll change."
"Co-dependent."
"Shut up. My therapist said the same thing, but I'm over that now." Proof positive that therapy only works when you own up to yourself.
"When you put it that way, it sounds ridiculous."
"It is ridiculous. Have you ever considered going back out with your ex?" (He was arguably the nicest guy this girl ever dated, and from all accounts, was pretty attractive.)
"I couldn't date him again. And you know the really messed up thing?"
"There's more?"
"As jealous as I am, I really hope he meets someone because he deserves better. He's such a great guy."
"I think you've lost your mind. You're telling me you gave up the really nice attractive guy for the drug addict abusive cheating guy that treats you like crap? How the hell does that make any sense?"
"I'm hoping he'll change."
"Co-dependent."
"Shut up. My therapist said the same thing, but I'm over that now." Proof positive that therapy only works when you own up to yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment