Inspired by Kiki, I have recruited some talent to help me. The problem is I have no idea where to start.
I think I want something simple, graphic-wise. I like little pixel people like at Chris Diclerico's. I think it would be cool to have that, and I was thinking maybe a beach theme or palm trees and ocean thing, because I am in Florida, after all. I would really like some input, though, on what any of you think and what you would like to see.
I also would like your input on the name of my blog. See at first my blog was supposed to be a blog exploring concepts and ideas. A place where my friends and I could discuss stuff. Thus, the name, "What's Out There". That didn't happen. It's more my life to date. Hence, the URL. But I can't change the name easily because people have linked to me under the old name now. So now I'm thinking space, or lighthouses or just changing the silly name. Or should I just leave it the way it is?
Your help is appreciated.
I think I want something simple, graphic-wise. I like little pixel people like at Chris Diclerico's. I think it would be cool to have that, and I was thinking maybe a beach theme or palm trees and ocean thing, because I am in Florida, after all. I would really like some input, though, on what any of you think and what you would like to see.
I also would like your input on the name of my blog. See at first my blog was supposed to be a blog exploring concepts and ideas. A place where my friends and I could discuss stuff. Thus, the name, "What's Out There". That didn't happen. It's more my life to date. Hence, the URL. But I can't change the name easily because people have linked to me under the old name now. So now I'm thinking space, or lighthouses or just changing the silly name. Or should I just leave it the way it is?
Your help is appreciated.
I'm so glad to inspire. ;)
ReplyDeleteI think you should have a little pixel guy moving from Florida to Wisconsin! Ha ha!
Don't change the name! You gotta stay true to yourself. Remember back in the old bloggin' days when it was basically just me and you?
As for "theme" the beach thing sounds cool. Maybe you could find a sunset with palm trees and the ocean.
my only rule is that it stays simple... not too cluttered, easy to find stuff. i actually like what you have up now, but i can see wanting something different than the standard blogger templates...
ReplyDeleteI have two comments.
ReplyDelete1) I like the palm trees idea since so many people across the country associate Florida with palm trees. If you love Florida and want to identify with it, then that seems to be the way to go.
2) From "Random Musings", I totally don't understand how a guy has to "fake it". How is that possible? Was it a problem of staying aroused or just not climaxing? A girl must be pretty bad if it's something the good 'ole imagination can't fix! Perhaps it's because you are so good (or so you stated) and everyone else is only average? I am not sure what your basis for comparison is. Interesting stuff
J, I noticed that you deleted the first few paragraphs from "Random Musings," in which you said that you were having to censor what you said because people you know read your blog. I'm going by memory, but I think that was the gist.
ReplyDeleteWhy did you delete your paragraphs?
I just stumbled upon your blog and have read your last few posts. The Florida beach theme sounds like it would be a good choice.
ReplyDeleteI'd like to comment on your post from Monday. As a woman, I thought I would clear something up. In bed, women respond to how aroused their partners make them. There's a direct correlation between how good a woman is in bed and how aroused her partner makes her. If a woman is disappointing in bed, it's because the man isn't doing enough to turn her on. If the man thinks the woman was bad in bed, trust me when I say the woman thinks he was twice as bad.
Special K ~ I know! But do you think Life To Date might be a better name for my blog?
ReplyDeleteKris ~ She (they) was/were that bad. (No, I'm not implying it was a three-some.)
Tao ~ One of my friends emailed me, and didn't like it. I'm not sure if that's why I took it down, though.
Mia ~ Good to have you aboard. I'm not sure they would go telling their friends how great I was if she didn't like me, and I doubt she would keep coming back for more. But like I said, I'll never underestimate the deceptive powers of a woman. So maybe you're right.
Sarah ~ I'm with you, totally.
ReplyDeleteIf the sex was so bad (and in more than one relationship), why would you stay in those relationships? Sex is a very important part of the intimacy factor.
ReplyDeleteKris, you bring up a good point. The quality of intimacy is a very important factor in every relationship. However, I don't think any man (or woman for that matter) would stay in a relationship if the sex was that bad. Perhaps J is only referring to casual flings he's had.
ReplyDeleteJ, is that what you were referencing?
I'm done with sex talk, folks. I was merely making an observation. Never meant for it to carry on this long.
ReplyDeleteYeah, if you changed it to life to date it wouldn't be bad. Then it would make sense. But nothing else! Either What's out there or life to date.
ReplyDeleteThe end.
Too bad. This was proving to be an interesting topic of discussion. :(
ReplyDeleteHow about a guy at a Tahiti bar wearing khaki’s a button down shirt with a notebook and paper with a very pensive expression
ReplyDeleteSass ~ Thank you. I really liked the idea for part of the layout and forwarded it on to Ginger. I have to contact one of my artist friends and see if she'll help me with the art aspects of it, as I can't draw or paint to save my life.
ReplyDeleteThanks to all of you. It's been really helpful so far. Keep it coming.
J, I think if you change your URL then we will follow. Just give us two weeks notice.
ReplyDeleteNOooooooooooooo don't change the url. Why would you do that????
ReplyDeleteRelax, K. I'm not changing my URL. I just changed my Blog title.
ReplyDeleteI'm down with Life to Date. I even think it's clever.
ReplyDeleteAnd Jess is a genius with her design idea. I know she's my friend, but from a purely artistic point of view, the guy-at-the-florida-bar-with-the-pencil is right on the money.
S.