Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Take Two

Yesterday, I went and finally met my little brother, Cody. He's a really cool kid, and he is a lot smarter than a lot of their other enrolled students, I guess. He, evidently, is also a whiz at math. So every week now, I'll go to his school and we'll hang out, talk, and play games for an hour or so. Good times.

I got spammed again, on the same subject as the last one, and by the same person. Whether the person, at the end of the day is that Chris person or someone else, I still do not know. What I do know is their ISP (unless they are masking behind someone else's). So I have been attempting to contact and report the abuse for quite some time now, but have not been having tremendous success. So I finally decided to phone the ISP today and it is now trying to determine exactly what it can do about my little spammer. If that fails, I'll call my friend to have her look up the ISP's legal counsel. She presently works at a firm where one of their projects has been legally attacking spammers, always a good friend to have around.

Today, I teach my second class. I hope it goes as well as last week's. I think the administrative aspects of teaching the class have been a little more daunting than the class itself - having to get handouts over to the school several days in advance so that they can be ready for class; getting room assignments for my class and my make-up class; parking; payroll; obtaining my materials; and all the rest of the gobbly-gook. However, I envision the class getting more complicated as we move on into the trickery areas of the subject and exams become ever more impending.

5 comments:

  1. yeah. i love to teach. its the paperwork and administrative stuff i cant take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should get a TA to handle all that paperwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you like your "little brother". Hope you guys have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw a Dateline report not long ago about identifying the person who sends spam. It took them months of phone calls and traveling and stuff to find the person so he could apologize.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What good news about cody!! I think it's wonderful you're doing that.

    And you'll be fine (teaching). Lots of gobblty gook but you'll get used to it and it'll be easy.

    ReplyDelete

Google
WWW Search this site