Monday, August 01, 2005

Random Musings

I also had a few musings this weekend that I felt I could safely share. Mind you the following are directed at absolutely no one in particular. They are just things that occur to me.

- Women and men seem to view being single and not being able to find the right person (their "soulmate") in different ways. A woman seems to complain that she has been having meaningless, hot animal sex with men that just aren't the right guys. "Yeah, the sex was amazing, I remember wrapping my legs around him ..." Whereas, a guy is usually not sleeping with a bunch of random women that he knows are not the one in his desperate search for the one. Granted, they're having sex probably, but perhaps not as frequently or as on demand as a woman. It's just not a problem many men encounter. I think this has to do with the fact that women get hit on by men a lot more than men get hit on by women. I figure women like sex at least as much as men do, and so when they have a moment of weakness, it's a lot easier for them to give into carnal desire than a man - unless the guy is that kind of sexy women instantly want. I wonder is a woman would be less likely to give into such desire with a guy that they really liked for fear of being thought slutty.

- I'm tired of women thinking men are the only ones that can be bad at sex. Maybe I'm just picky or something, but I have met quite a few women that quite honestly are not that good. Remember that scene in 40 Days 40 Nights where Josh Hartnett fakes it? Yeah, been there, done that. Was it good for you? Not really. Was I the best you ever had? Not even close. Am I a good kisser? Ewww. Why do women ask these questions? Why? I would never come out and overtly tell anyone that they were terrible, but if they ask, I'm also not going to lie about it. Ladies, trust me, you may be the worst they have ever had too.

- People that insult attorneys amuse me because a lot of times they are the same people that recommend you get the most underhanded one possible when you need one. It's rare you hear someone say, get the one that is really ethical and fair. (This seems especially true in divorce.) They are out to get someone and they want to find the sliest attorney possible to really screw the other guy. Yet somehow they still think attorneys are what is wrong with America. What about the people bringing these cases to court. Trust me, if the people didn't pay us, we wouldn't do the work.

15 comments:

  1. I must respond to the lawyer thing, since I criticize lawyers regularly.

    My gripe is the opposite...the slimey lawyers taking advantage of clients and not cutting a deal or doing what makes the best sense, but in fact go down the litigous path, ergo, higher fees.

    After all, the best deal is the one that doesn't maim and destroy...since both parties end up maimed and destroyed.

    re: censorship...to me, the whole point of the blog thing is not to edit, not to spell check, and not to hold back. and whatever conclusions are drawn about my writing are drawn...after all, it is still my writing and not me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. See, it's been my experience that neither side is willing to settle with the other. Instead, they want the other side to pay. In fact, I often get the clients that want to go to court because they want the other side to admit that they are wrong, and I'll explain simply, you won't get that, all you'll get is money if you win. On the other hand, if they go to court, and win (and it isn't a contingency case) the other side pays the attorneys' fees anyway.

    However, in my experience, it is rare that the attorney wants to go ahead with a case more than the client.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmm, interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Women ask those questions because they know they most certainly could be the worst you have ever had. Not because they really want the answer. Don't fake it though! Please. If i ever had someone fake it,(god I hope not)i would rather just know right then and there that I should grab my bags and leave or practice harder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. After reading your blog I thought of a question. What would happen if you were faking it b/c she's not good and she's faking it b/c your not good either? If you both stop faking it, would it then be good?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dena, they would likely not keep sleeping with me, or tell their friends that I was the best sex they had ever had. *shug* Who knows. It could all be a fraud. I'll never underestimate the deceptive powers of a woman. However, it doesn't make it any better. It would likely make it worse because then both people would be too worried about it being bad the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you get Jokes, all I'm saying is don't ask the question. And I'll fake it everytime if it makes it stop with no hurt feelings....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must say that you got a remarkable post right there..See my recently posted blogs, they're fine too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I think I just got my first comment spam. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lawyers are reviled because they are feared. i think.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't comment spam gratifying? I'd like to tell you that I had some experience with faking (either the faker or the fakee)...but we know that would be a deliberate falsification of fact. It is interesting to hear about though. My step-brother told me about someone he described as a "dead f**k" and I assume this is the sort of thing you are referring to.

    I am fortunate to work with two of the most respectable, truly inspired attorneys, the sort that we all aspire to be, if we have some degree of noble intentions. You're not all bad, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why would a guy ever need to fake it? I'm confused.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Special K, for the same reasons women seem to fake it I guess. I've done it when I just knew it was not going to happen and I just wanted it over with but I didn't want the girl to feel bad.

    ReplyDelete
  15. well - its nice that you don't want to hurt feelings, but i would feel bad about not telling them. Like they are being disserviced by me allowing them to go on to someone else and tell them that they had done it with me and I didn't complain....

    ReplyDelete

Google
WWW Search this site