As I have mentioned before, I love Boing Boing. As of late, they have been doing an excellent job at keeping everyone up to date on different efforts people are undertaking to assist in providing hurricane relief. I even learned that some people are trying to work with Google Earth to get image overlays of the flooding, in an effort to assist people with determining how bad the flooding is in their neighborhood. I thought that was a really novel idea.
There is also a link on Boing Boing that assists you in finding ways to help. I have outlined some below, in case you don't want to scroll through the whole post. One of the main ways of helping that seems to be emphasized is donating money. However, various volunteer opportunities can also be found.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4823690
this is a link to an NPR site, which lists a bunch of places where you can donate or volunteer.
http://katrinahelp.info/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
this site gives more current information about what is going on and how to help.
http://www.volunteermatch.org/volunteers/resources/hurricane.jsp
helps you find places to volunteer.
http://writerscafe.net/donations.html
a relief fund.
http://neworleans.craigslist.org/about/help/katrina_cl.html
Craig's List is helping reunite family members and friends and helping people find housing and volunteer opportunities.
The Boing Boing link at the top contains all these links and more, in case you feel the need.
There is also a link on Boing Boing that assists you in finding ways to help. I have outlined some below, in case you don't want to scroll through the whole post. One of the main ways of helping that seems to be emphasized is donating money. However, various volunteer opportunities can also be found.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4823690
this is a link to an NPR site, which lists a bunch of places where you can donate or volunteer.
http://katrinahelp.info/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
this site gives more current information about what is going on and how to help.
http://www.volunteermatch.org/volunteers/resources/hurricane.jsp
helps you find places to volunteer.
http://writerscafe.net/donations.html
a relief fund.
http://neworleans.craigslist.org/about/help/katrina_cl.html
Craig's List is helping reunite family members and friends and helping people find housing and volunteer opportunities.
The Boing Boing link at the top contains all these links and more, in case you feel the need.
My job is donating a buttload of money for the relief fund.
ReplyDeleteyeah. thanks for posting the links!
ReplyDeleteThanks... I'm so glad you did this... I was actually going to do something similar (but probably just 1 link, and partially because I'm too busy to write a full blog entry).
ReplyDeleteI've been following the New Orleans disaster so closely, almost obsessively. I guess it's because I'm a New Yorker and feel the echoes of 2001, and because I love that city so much, and because it's just so sad.