The Red Headed Maven has requested that I get back to talking more about dating. Although, I thought I had been, I think she means, more specifically, the dating experiences I have had as of late, but the thing is that I haven't had any. I have had one girl that's been calling me for about a month or two, trying to coordinate a time when we can go out, I'm supposed to have a date this weekend with another girl, which I am approaching with great trepidation, and I have a third who seems to be very interested in dating me. All I have to do now is decide whether I am ready to date.
I had decided months ago that I just didn't want to date anymore, and that the rewards just were not worth the consequences of dating for me, as of late. I wanted to take time for me, to figure out who I was and what steps I had been taking in the past that always seemed to lead to catastrophic results. However, the more time I have taken, the less I seem to want to date again.
In the abstract, I see dating as great, having a friend that you get to know on multiple levels and really build something with. However, in the past when I have had this, one of two things has happened - I've either developed what I thought was an ulcer or I ended up getting hurt. The only way to truly find out if I have learned anything about myself, of course, is to brush myself off and get back out there. Roll the dice, play the odds and hope I get lucky, no pun intended. However, that seems to require effort and a complete lack of fear, foolhardiness at its finest.
Never fear, though, I am sure I will find other things to write about with which to fill your screens. For example, I saw V for Vendetta this weekend and it totally rocked! Natalie Portman is gorgeous, and having the Warshawski Brothers on the project always helps to give those fight scenes that extra umph.
Tonight, I was supposed to go to a hockey game with some of the guys from my church. I was really looking forward to it, but I woke up sick and it doesn't seem to be getting better. So it looks like that's cancelled. It's too bad too because the partner is going to the game tonight as well.
I purchased a ticket to go see David Sedaris. I kept meaning to buy a ticket but was always waiting on other people to get back to me about whether they wanted to go. Finally, I decided I had better just buy one for myself and go. It's a good thing too, as there were only about seven seats left in the whole place. I'll be sitting in the very back row, but I don't care. I just really want to see that guy.
I seem to have planned my entire trip. Now all I have to do is book the tickets. I'll give more details as they become available, but so far the trip involves Nashville and Durham, North Carolina, seeing three of my friends, and the added bonus of celebrating my 30th birthday. Very cool.
I had decided months ago that I just didn't want to date anymore, and that the rewards just were not worth the consequences of dating for me, as of late. I wanted to take time for me, to figure out who I was and what steps I had been taking in the past that always seemed to lead to catastrophic results. However, the more time I have taken, the less I seem to want to date again.
In the abstract, I see dating as great, having a friend that you get to know on multiple levels and really build something with. However, in the past when I have had this, one of two things has happened - I've either developed what I thought was an ulcer or I ended up getting hurt. The only way to truly find out if I have learned anything about myself, of course, is to brush myself off and get back out there. Roll the dice, play the odds and hope I get lucky, no pun intended. However, that seems to require effort and a complete lack of fear, foolhardiness at its finest.
Never fear, though, I am sure I will find other things to write about with which to fill your screens. For example, I saw V for Vendetta this weekend and it totally rocked! Natalie Portman is gorgeous, and having the Warshawski Brothers on the project always helps to give those fight scenes that extra umph.
Tonight, I was supposed to go to a hockey game with some of the guys from my church. I was really looking forward to it, but I woke up sick and it doesn't seem to be getting better. So it looks like that's cancelled. It's too bad too because the partner is going to the game tonight as well.
I purchased a ticket to go see David Sedaris. I kept meaning to buy a ticket but was always waiting on other people to get back to me about whether they wanted to go. Finally, I decided I had better just buy one for myself and go. It's a good thing too, as there were only about seven seats left in the whole place. I'll be sitting in the very back row, but I don't care. I just really want to see that guy.
I seem to have planned my entire trip. Now all I have to do is book the tickets. I'll give more details as they become available, but so far the trip involves Nashville and Durham, North Carolina, seeing three of my friends, and the added bonus of celebrating my 30th birthday. Very cool.
That's awesome but you left out the part about visiting Kiki.
ReplyDeletei saw V for vendetta too this weekend. awesome.
ReplyDeleteYour trip sounds like fun. I want to go on a trip. I need to plan another journey to the wonderful land of Osh.
ReplyDeleteHow did the date go?
ReplyDelete