Friday, March 17, 2006

Results

Perhaps all of my ranting and raving, and others', wasn't entirely lost on our friendly neighborhood senators, as they passed a proposed budget today that completely ignores Bush's (Jeb's not G.W.'s) call for a tax cut, and instead demands a $1.8 billion dollar increase in the budget for Florida schools. The senators point out that we need to be able to pay our teachers more in order to attract and keep the ones of quality. After all, passion is great, but it won't keep the lights on, unless you have Tesla on staff.

My week has been exhausting, both physically and emotionally, with a lot of soul searching, reading, thinking, and working. I did learn yesterday, though, from my little brother and his friends, as we played tag on the playground, that I run "really fast". Tomorrow I will go help low income people file their tax returns again, and hopefully by the end of the weekend I will have my vacation fully planned. I haven't had one in about two years and I am definitely looking forward to it.

I have more, but my eyes are burning from staring at my computer monitor all day while drafting an agreement so it will have to wait. Happy Shamrock Day, one and all.

1 comment:

  1. now get back to talking about sex, dating, and um...shopping.

    ReplyDelete

Google
WWW Search this site