Monday, January 09, 2006

Surprise, I'm Movin' Out

It was completely unexpected. I saw myself having nothing but a weekend of boring times ahead of me. A weekend of cleaning, straightening, and ironing out the kinks in my life. Then suddenly the invitation was extended, "Do you want to come see Movin' Out with us; we have an extra ticket?" Are you kidding? Do you know how much I love Billy Joel? Of course I want to go.

All I can say is Amazing. The dancing was just so impressive. There was such control in their movements and such absolute beauty. I continually asked myself, how much practice and training was involved in getting to this point in their careers. Plus, it was all set to the music of Billy Joel. Such an awesome way to spend a night. I had been wanting to go to a show that much fun for awhile, and then to be able to go to one unexpectedly, for free, and sit in the front row - so awesome.

I also managed to see an art show and take my friend out to dinner for her birthday and then have dinner the next night with some of her family. Plus, I found the time to experiment with my camera some more. Overall, it was a very filled weekend and much more fun than I had ever expected.

7 comments:

  1. love love love billy joel. how did you keep from lip-sync'ing in the audience?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billy Joel is awesome! I always wished I was an uptown girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fun!! Where are your pictures?? I can't seem to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah ~ Who said I wasn't? :-)

    Special K ~ They are up. I have Flickr set so that only my contacts can see them so you will need to be logged into your Flickr account to view them, but otherwise, they should be there. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw man - I'm so envious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like fun weekend. sometimes the unexpected can be good.

    ReplyDelete

Google
WWW Search this site