Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Rumbling Within

When you've only eaten three bowls of cereal in three days, you know something must be wrong. Either that or you're trying to new Lindsay Lohan diet.

It all started Saturday afternoon. The morning was normal: gym, shopping, cleaning, organizing, etc., but my stomach was not amused by any of it. By late afternoon, it had shut down and refused to speak nicely to me any more. Soon I was running a fever, had a headache that just wouldn't quit and could barely move. I felt like I had been to Mexico, without enjoying the really good tequila. How unfair is that?

Sunday did not bring any relief, as my stomach remained on strike and my body was still shaking with the chills, forcing me to call in sick at 4AM on Monday morning, as I knew there was no way things were going to improve that dramatically in two hours. I did, eventually, force myself to eat cereal yesterday.

Today things aren't tremendously better as I'm dizzy, probably owing to my lack of food, and my stomach continues to make grumpy sounds at me.

For the life of me, I cannot think of what brought this on, as I hadn't eaten anything before this all started. In fact, the only thing I had ingested that morning was some water from the water fountain at the gym. So maybe my gym is like a little Mexico. All I know is that I will be very happy when I have my next full meal again.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. Lucky for you, you work with a lot of women and I'm sure they will fatten you up.

    The flu stinks. At least it's not the bird flu. Achoo. Achoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry hun!!

    What kind of cereal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sass ~ I don't think it was the flu. I could be wrong, but usually the flu includes congestion for me.

    Special K ~ Well it wasn't the cereal that bears your name. It was an organic granola, which I'm told I shouldn't have eaten. In fact, basically everything I have eaten thus far was totally wrong, except for the ginger ale my girlfriend told me to get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eat some chicken noodle soup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor guy! Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Google
WWW Search this site