Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Shopping and Women

I did it. I bit the bullet and bought myself a digital camera. Not only that, but through shopping on CNET, I found it for about $50 less than in any store, and I didn't have to pay any tax or shipping. So I am pretty happy. Plus, no store in the area has any more in stock. (I guess it must have been a popular holiday gift.) I figure I need a camera for my impending European tour. So far, I plan on going to Germany, Italy, and maybe Greece. I'm told Amsterdam is nice too, but we shall see. I'm opting out of France because it's been done to death.

I am still speaking with my ex. We tried not speaking, but it pretty much sucked. It was the least fun thing we had ever done together. She and I just have too much fun talking and spending time together to stop. It's weird. I guess the thing is that we did not breakup because we didn't like each other or enjoy one another's company. In fact, we rarely even argued. The problem is that we also did not breakup because we were no longer attracted to one another. So it is confusing. Hopefully, it will work out. I think the hardest thing would be if one of us started dating someone else anytime soon. That would probably be exceptionally awkward, but that's too far off for me to think about right now, hopefully. It is always hard to convert a lover to a friend, but we both think it is worth it and are both willing to work at it, and I've successfully done it before. So it's worth a shot. Besides, some of my closest friendships involved lots of work.

Personally, I want to take a year off from dating. I'm so tired of women and their drama, and it impacting my life. I'm told there are good women out there, but I just do not seem to meet them. Or maybe I'm not attracted to them. Maybe I have a subconscious desire to seek out women with drama. Maybe they remind me of my mother. Hard to say really, and so rather than question it or send too much time thinking about it, I've decided I should just take a break from it. Oh, avoidance, how I love you so. Maybe date here and there, but no relationships. Time and space.

I bought $50 worth of handmade chocolates for the office staff. They're pretty happy about the whole thing. Although, they are all rather concerned that they are going to get fat. I think I work with the thinnest office staff ever. It's so funny. In most offices I have worked in, the women were ... large. However, they are all rather health conscious in this one. Now if only they were younger and single. Yeah, just what I need, find a way to add more drama to my life with an office romance.

8 comments:

  1. I have the same tendency to go for guys who cause drama. If I'm with someone who isn't the dramish type--I tend to do things to create it.

    I don't know why this is. It's not like I really want it--at least not consciously.

    Taking some time off from relationships sounds like a good idea, although it's easier said than done. I wish you the best of luck.

    Maybe you should just take a mini-vacay to OshVegas and I can introduce you to some midwestern girls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe once I have my digital camera, and it warms up a little there. (I want to capture the moment that I get you to make out with another woman.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you need someone to carry your bags for you in Europe? I'm kinda strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree, time off from relationships sounds like a smart move. but i could never do it well. and nice of you to get chocolate for the office staff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried like 3 times now to leave a comment. Your blog drama just doesn't like me. What is up?

    Anyway, I read the whole thing and all i got was shopping and to know we now get lots of photos of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take some time for yourself. Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why are you "opting out of France" because it's been "done to death"? It hasn't been "done to death" by YOU has it? Go for it! It's a fabulous country!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mandi ~ I should get a bag slave.

    Sass ~ I am not sure why your comments didn't post. However, there will be no further pictures of me. That would defeat the whole point of my blogging with anonymity.

    Planethalder ~ Thanks, but no.

    ReplyDelete

Google
WWW Search this site