I leave tomorrow for the wonderfully freezing land of Orlando - to spend Christmas with my best friend and his family. It's good to have friends. It's even better to have friends within a more reasonable proximity of you, but I'll take what I can get and the rest will follow in time, I'm sure. It shouldn't actually be too cold this weekend. It's supposed to warm up to about 75 in Orlando this weekend. So it should be bearable during the day, but with nights in the 40's and 50's, brrrr.
I am working on planning a trip to Europe this spring. One of my friends went to Europe right after breaking up with her boyfriend. She decided Europe would be a good place to recover from everything and get a better perspective on her life. I just have been planning on going to Europe for two years now and have never seemed to find the right time. Usually, the plans are made to incorporate the girl I am dating at the time. Then we breakup and I am left with useless plans. However, this time, I'm planning for just myself and maybe a friend (if I can find one that wants to go). I figured it was either go to Europe or buy an Acura TSX. I figure the Acura can wait a year. Vienna has waited long enough.
Even though her timing was terrible, I am glad that my ex did have the courage to tell me how she was feeling, rather than just running away again. I hope that we somehow manage to salvage a friendship out of it, in the future. I'm not sure it will really work, though. She seems to have issues with relationships of any kind with guys. No telling, but at least we parted on decent terms.
I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful holiday weekend, and that you all eat entirely too much.
I am working on planning a trip to Europe this spring. One of my friends went to Europe right after breaking up with her boyfriend. She decided Europe would be a good place to recover from everything and get a better perspective on her life. I just have been planning on going to Europe for two years now and have never seemed to find the right time. Usually, the plans are made to incorporate the girl I am dating at the time. Then we breakup and I am left with useless plans. However, this time, I'm planning for just myself and maybe a friend (if I can find one that wants to go). I figured it was either go to Europe or buy an Acura TSX. I figure the Acura can wait a year. Vienna has waited long enough.
Even though her timing was terrible, I am glad that my ex did have the courage to tell me how she was feeling, rather than just running away again. I hope that we somehow manage to salvage a friendship out of it, in the future. I'm not sure it will really work, though. She seems to have issues with relationships of any kind with guys. No telling, but at least we parted on decent terms.
I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful holiday weekend, and that you all eat entirely too much.
Good usage of Billy Joel allusion, but Vienna didn't really do it for me. Merry Christmas, J. You deserve some joy!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas!! I hope it's wonderful. Brrr to the 40's and 50's? Ha! It was in the 40's today and I felt like I could wear shorts! It's all relative.
ReplyDeleteI'd totally go to Europe with you if I had the money.
I am complaining because it's to cold to talk outside. My mother keeps sending me outside - some things never change.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your holiday and be done with the disappearing act.
Don't plan. Just do it. I planned for four years. Then one day I just bought a ticket. That was seven years ago...and I've not went home yet. When youre in your thirties youll never remember an old smelly car. No matter how fabulous it may seem at purchase. You'll never. Ever. Forget Europe.
ReplyDelete