Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Busy Bee

Somehow my week has been very full, and I am already exhausted enough for it to be a Friday. I got to see my little brother yesterday, though, and that was a lot of fun. I got an email from my.... Gosh I'm not sure what she is. I guess she's like a coordinator. She emailed me a couple of days ago and told me that they had obtained an extension on complying with the new guidelines. I felt kind of bad for my little brother, though, because I'm not sure anyone really explained to him why I couldn't see him last week. In any event, we had lots of fun finishing the puzzle we had begun two weeks ago and playing Connect Four together with other various games. I even stayed an extra half-hour, until his mom showed up. He got mad at her again for coming to get him because he always ends up wanting to spend more time with me. Very cool.

Tonight I am heading over to teach another class, which will take me 'til about 10 tonight. I'll arrive home and get to bed by 11, only so that I can wake up and leave my apartment by 6:30 to get to Miami for my seminar that lasts until 3:45, and I need to be back by 6:00 for an appointment. I'm tired just thinking about it. I would have attended the seminar in a different location later next month, but this is the closest one being offered live, and I really prefer the live ones to the pre-recorded ones - especially if I have questions for the speakers.

Friday looks fairly action packed as well, with plenty of appointments during the day to keep me hopping. However, it can't be too bad, as it is a Friday, and no matter how bleak it looks, a Saturday is sure to follow.

My free time has been spent investigating the wondrous iPod nano. It looks awesome. The only bad thing that I have heard about it so far is that the company designed it with the headphone jack on the bottom of the system. Weird. I still think it looks really cool, though. Plus, it comes in black.

I've been trying to decide for weeks now between a digital camera or an iPod. I really feel that I should have one or the other. However, I can never make up my mind. I love the concept of an iPod, but I question when I would find the time to listen to it consistently. While at the same time, I long for a digital camera, but feel that none of my friends would appreciate being captured and placed on my blog in living color. Heck, I don't even use their names, to protect the innocent. My feeling is that I should probably get one or the other, though, even if just for my upcoming trips, which I *still* have not finalized!

That's about all I have time for folks. Sorry it's nothing very interesting or introspective. However, people were harassing me to post, and it is my life to date.

9 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about Fridays - no matter how busy or hectic, they always seem festive somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get the Ipod. Mp3s are the greatest thing ever. I am totally anti-digital cameras right now. They're not real pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. re: iPods & digicams
    Consider getting a cheap knockoff of both. If you later decide that you need/want a better either, you'll be a more educated consumer.

    I'm satisfied with my cheap mp3 player, but I needed a better camera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm... tough decision. i love my ipod, but i would go with the camera. and i disagree with tiny as to buying a cheap version of each. usually when you buy cheap, you get cheap. it's a waste of money.
    and living in florida probably gives you some beautiful scenery to shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I volunteered at the Astrodome this morning at 5:30. It feels like a whole different day of the week that hasn't been invented yet - maybe to be called Sleepyday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say go with the camera. It's going to be more practical for you. You can still post different pictures other than your friends.

    Where are your upcoming trips??

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a tough decision. I am a recent iPod convert, and I now can't imagine my life without it. Of course, life without the digital camera (and I have a really basic, inexpensive model) would be sort of empty too. Too bad no one's invented a combo camera/MP3 player!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you sound really busy! i want a nano. i have a regular ipod, and i like it a lot but i'm not obsessed or anything. and i stilll want a digital camera too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get one this month and one next month

    ReplyDelete

Google
WWW Search this site