I love the Daily Show. I know this may make you think that I am a liberal bastard, but I'm really not. I hate Bush - the political figure, not the anatomical feature. (Incidentally, has anyone ever noticed that Bush is paired with Dick? I just find this incredibly amusing and ironic.) I love McCain. I loved Clinton, even though there were so many reasons not to, and I hated Gore. On some issues, I come out incredibly conservative, and on others, I'm a complete liberal. I never really have been able to do the whole conformity thing. In college, I wouldn't join a fraternity because I never wanted to have to socialize with people I wouldn't have socialized with otherwise. I feel the same way often about political parties. I cannot join either one because I feel like it comes with a whole additional ball of wax with people feeling betrayed if you vote against what the party wishes. Give me a break.
That being said, it is my humble opinion that The Daily Show, with Jon Stewart, is one of the best programs on TV, presently. Last week, however, they moved to a new studio with a new set and it is driving me bonkers. Fortunately, I found out today while reading boinboing that I am not alone in my distaste for this new scenery. Someone even started a blog about it, and it references an artilcle from Slate Magazine giving a negative critique of the new set.
That being said, it is my humble opinion that The Daily Show, with Jon Stewart, is one of the best programs on TV, presently. Last week, however, they moved to a new studio with a new set and it is driving me bonkers. Fortunately, I found out today while reading boinboing that I am not alone in my distaste for this new scenery. Someone even started a blog about it, and it references an artilcle from Slate Magazine giving a negative critique of the new set.
I don't like the new set either. My biggest problem with the Daily Show, however, is not the show at all. It's the fact that my DVR software doesn't seem to know how to record it. My only solution is to set it up to record every episode, which gets me several middle-of-the-night repeats that must be deleted later on. And it's hard to find the new episode to sit down and watch it.
ReplyDeleteI haven't watched the Daily Show in forever, but I used to love it. My favorite was Steve Carrell (OMG is he hilarious), but Jon Stewart is pretty damn funny too. Have you read his book, Naked Pictures of Famous People? If you haven't, I highly recommend it.
ReplyDeleteI am with Mandi. I used to watch it a lot but haven't anytime recently. I always liked the "interviews" with people.
ReplyDeleteYou are probably like most people, J. I think the "red state, blue state" division is way too simplistic.
ReplyDeleteI went on that blog, J. It's hilarious.
ReplyDeleteBring back the couch
ReplyDelete