Tuesday, July 26, 2005

My Interview

I had an interview yesterday. No, it wasn't for a job in Indiana, silly. It was for Big Brothers and Big Sisters. The two things that surprised me were one, how long it was, and two, how personal they get in their interviews, with family history, and all kinds of stuff. I guess they want to see what kind of person you are in an attempt to weed out the undesirable freaks. (I really hope I am not one of those.) My interviewer was very attractive, and was all business with her slight New Jersey-ish accent, which she was surprised I noticed. It was really quite interesting.

If all goes well, and I "check-out", I will be meeting with a student after school one day per week. Yes, I do not know how this will help me meet people either. But it did help me meet a cute interviewer and perhaps I will meet people at the school. No matter what, though, I will be making a difference in someone's life, and contributing to the betterment of my community in my own small way, which will be quite satisfying.

7 comments:

  1. Even if you don't meet people, you should feel good about yourself for what you're doing.

    You know they have Big Brothers Big Sisters in Wisconsin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome j. the world is better with you in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like so much fun! Kids are great- too bad they grow up to be adults! I hope it works out for you. Good for you. Kiki- they also have them in Arizona! You guys could move out here, ya know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you. I've thought about doing that too, but always find an excuse not to. Keep us informed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think they're just trying to figure out if you're going to be the next Michael J...

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for stopping by my blog! hope the interview went well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kids learn simply everything from the adults around them, and if their family members are less-than-worthy of their innocent little minds, they desparately need someone who is. You have no idea how much you are needed. I send you mad hugs for doing this.

    S.

    ReplyDelete

Google
WWW Search this site