Another week draws to a close.
It was a fairly cool week. I finished an article and sent it off to my co-author. Perhaps soon we shall become published authors. And not just Reader's Digest published authors either. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I had been working on this article forever, and I never thought I would actually finish it. It kept getting pushed off for a myriad of reasosns, but finally at least a rough draft of it is complete. *sigh of satisfaction*
I got to argue with another attorney. That's always exciting. I swear the number of attorneys out there that don't have the slightest clue as to what they are doing often boggles my mind. People should really take the time to learn the law once in awhile. Oftentimes, they actually know just enough to be dangerous but not enough to be fully competant. Then there are exceptional ones out there that get to take the grief for all the bad ones.
I've been posting on other people's blogs. It's kind of cool. I never really know if they reply to my comments or not ... but it's cool to find other people out there just sort of writing about their lives. One person even wrote a comment on mine to thank me. That was totally cool. I love comments. I'm a comment whore really. I wonder what blogs will be to historians. Oftentimes, historians have had trouble reconstructing the past because not enough people kept journals - which while are subjective accounts of what was happening, when read together help give you at least some picture of the past. Now everyone seems to have a blog. The question is for how long will they be preserved - these little bytes of information floating about the Web, contained on some server somewhere in the world. Will they still be there in 50 or 100 years for review?
My girlfriend and I had fishing plans for the weekend, but they fell through it seems last night. So now we have a calm weekend. Mine is more calm then hers, however, because she has an Easter event to help put on for Saturday, but still it is cool. This is our second calm weekend in a row, which is cool because we haven't had any in 6 months, and I'm sure that if I don't just start enjoying them now I'll miss them even more when things start getting hectic again.
I think one of my friends stopped speaking to me. We had been friends for 9 years. I am not really sure what caused the communication breakdown exactly. As far as I know, I didn't do anything other than ask him about $100 he's owed me for over one year. (I had lent him money when he lost his job and no longer had enough money to eat. He had paid back part of it but never all of it.) *shrug* Not much you can do about that one.
It was a fairly cool week. I finished an article and sent it off to my co-author. Perhaps soon we shall become published authors. And not just Reader's Digest published authors either. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I had been working on this article forever, and I never thought I would actually finish it. It kept getting pushed off for a myriad of reasosns, but finally at least a rough draft of it is complete. *sigh of satisfaction*
I got to argue with another attorney. That's always exciting. I swear the number of attorneys out there that don't have the slightest clue as to what they are doing often boggles my mind. People should really take the time to learn the law once in awhile. Oftentimes, they actually know just enough to be dangerous but not enough to be fully competant. Then there are exceptional ones out there that get to take the grief for all the bad ones.
I've been posting on other people's blogs. It's kind of cool. I never really know if they reply to my comments or not ... but it's cool to find other people out there just sort of writing about their lives. One person even wrote a comment on mine to thank me. That was totally cool. I love comments. I'm a comment whore really. I wonder what blogs will be to historians. Oftentimes, historians have had trouble reconstructing the past because not enough people kept journals - which while are subjective accounts of what was happening, when read together help give you at least some picture of the past. Now everyone seems to have a blog. The question is for how long will they be preserved - these little bytes of information floating about the Web, contained on some server somewhere in the world. Will they still be there in 50 or 100 years for review?
My girlfriend and I had fishing plans for the weekend, but they fell through it seems last night. So now we have a calm weekend. Mine is more calm then hers, however, because she has an Easter event to help put on for Saturday, but still it is cool. This is our second calm weekend in a row, which is cool because we haven't had any in 6 months, and I'm sure that if I don't just start enjoying them now I'll miss them even more when things start getting hectic again.
I think one of my friends stopped speaking to me. We had been friends for 9 years. I am not really sure what caused the communication breakdown exactly. As far as I know, I didn't do anything other than ask him about $100 he's owed me for over one year. (I had lent him money when he lost his job and no longer had enough money to eat. He had paid back part of it but never all of it.) *shrug* Not much you can do about that one.
It doesn't matter though. It's Friday. It's Easter weekend. We're almost into April. Spring is here. If I were still in school I'd be stressed out about finals or something probably at this point, and looking forward to summer break. I miss summer breaks. I don't miss finals though. :-)
thanks for your comment on my blog. and I'll start commenting on yours man, haha. take care
ReplyDeleteYou know, I've always wondered about that whole blog-record thing. Someone should be printing these all out somewhere or something. Throwing them in a big folder.
ReplyDeleteAnd burning some of them. Some things don't need to be remembered.