Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Changes

Alright ... so I had dreams and hopes and aspirations for my blog to be cool and to have my friends and other people randomly post on it and to have thought provoking discussions and ideas being shared and passed back and forth at all hours. It was to be cool. Then I realized a couple of things: 1) my friends do not seem to like to visit and write on blogs ... or at least not mine; 2) other people are already doing a pretty good job on a lot of this - http://www.foreignpolicy.com/index.php has good political discussion blogs and http://o-n-a.blogspot.com/ has random facts and info, http://h2g2.com is for all you DNA fans, and http://uselessjunk.com has you covered for all that is useless; and 3) my friends like receiving my weekly emails more than coming to some Webpage to read my senseless musings.

So now I am stuck. I have nothing left to offer except for my own writing. I still have to decide what I want to post here. Not sure how interesting it is to write about my life. Perhaps I could write quite a bit about my thoughts and ideas and such. Or I could bitch and moan about the injustices of the world. I'm not sure anyone will ever read any of it, but it may be cathartic.

You know what bugs me about Blogger? People that have taken the really cool domain names often have not updated their blogs in about 4 years! What the heck? They should expire or something dammit. Share the wealth ... err ... the domain names.

Well let's see what happens...

2 comments:

  1. amber agrees completely about expiration dates for blog names and sites. i wonder how many blogs of people who have died are out "there."

    a lot of the stuff i write in my blog is more for catharsis than readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a comment whore as well! Except only like two people(who I know)comment on my blog. Maybe it's just not that interesting. Or Maybe they're not!

    ReplyDelete

Google
WWW Search this site