So I appear to only be updating my blog about once or twice per week. I have become a slacker. I used to think I was a slacker before, but now it is completely clear to me that you do not really become a complete slacker until you do not even use one of your best means of procrastination.
On Sunday, I went to fill my asthma medicine prescription and learned that my prescription - you know the one I have to fill every month or I could die - yeah, it's $60 a pop now. $60! That's over $700 per year for one medication. It's crazy. I don't know why I have insurance. I asked my pharmacist if there was any other medication that was comparable and he said no. But my insurance company says maybe and so I have called my doctor. My girlfriend asked if I wanted to go see Sicko and I told her I didn't think I needed to, as I now appear to be living it.
After the minor setback with the medication, we went to Dave and Busters for some drinks, pool, and video game action. I single handedly won over 400 tickets, after hitting jackpot over and over on that Wheel of Fortune game, but that was nothing compared to how many tickets we won through computer glitches in the games. We ended up walking out of there with well over 3,000 tickets, which we were able to trade in for valuable prizes and merchandise. Even better, my dinner came with another $20 game card, so we can totally go back and do it all again soon.
Last night was spent at the beach. See, there I go again - slacking off at a beach when I could be sitting and updating my blog. However, the ocean water is now over 80 degrees and it was gently calling, "J, come to my beautiful shores." It is hard to argue with the ocean, you see because it just keeps saying the same thing over and over again until you give in. Then it takes you and caresses you with its gentle waves and warm ocean breezes. Unless, of course, it crushes you with its waves and has sharks eat you or infects you with sea lice. Depends on the ocean's mood, I tell you.
I also learned that Wordpress blogs are now free. So for all of you out there that were sitting there thinking, "Damn, I wish I too could have a Wordpress blog, but I am a cheap bastard and do not like paying for such things," now is your time to shine. It even has a tool that they claim will import your old blog (including a Blogger blog) so that you can have an entirely seamless experience. The Website also claims that Wordpress blogs plays nice with personal domain names. So get out there and see the world, or the virtual world of Wordpress.
I shopped for a new T-Mobile phone this weekend too. T-Mobile has this really cool new thing going on with some of its phones. You can now use the T-Mobile Hot*Spots (available at places like Starbucks) and any other open WiFi access point, including the one in your home (what do you mean you don't have WiFi in your home? Have you been living under a rock? Everyone is wireless nowadays) to make phone calls and the calls do not count against your minutes. Plus, if you start the call at a WiFi point and walk out to say, go to the beach or something, the call gets handed over to the cellular network and you just keep talking like nothing ever happened and those minutes *still* do not count toward your monthly total. The way I see it is that given that there is pretty much a Starbucks everywhere, all you ever really have to do when you want to call someone is get within the vicinity of one, place the call and then walkout to go do whatever terribly important thing it was you had to do, like go play video games and win cheap and overpriced prizes.
On Sunday, I went to fill my asthma medicine prescription and learned that my prescription - you know the one I have to fill every month or I could die - yeah, it's $60 a pop now. $60! That's over $700 per year for one medication. It's crazy. I don't know why I have insurance. I asked my pharmacist if there was any other medication that was comparable and he said no. But my insurance company says maybe and so I have called my doctor. My girlfriend asked if I wanted to go see Sicko and I told her I didn't think I needed to, as I now appear to be living it.
After the minor setback with the medication, we went to Dave and Busters for some drinks, pool, and video game action. I single handedly won over 400 tickets, after hitting jackpot over and over on that Wheel of Fortune game, but that was nothing compared to how many tickets we won through computer glitches in the games. We ended up walking out of there with well over 3,000 tickets, which we were able to trade in for valuable prizes and merchandise. Even better, my dinner came with another $20 game card, so we can totally go back and do it all again soon.
Last night was spent at the beach. See, there I go again - slacking off at a beach when I could be sitting and updating my blog. However, the ocean water is now over 80 degrees and it was gently calling, "J, come to my beautiful shores." It is hard to argue with the ocean, you see because it just keeps saying the same thing over and over again until you give in. Then it takes you and caresses you with its gentle waves and warm ocean breezes. Unless, of course, it crushes you with its waves and has sharks eat you or infects you with sea lice. Depends on the ocean's mood, I tell you.
I also learned that Wordpress blogs are now free. So for all of you out there that were sitting there thinking, "Damn, I wish I too could have a Wordpress blog, but I am a cheap bastard and do not like paying for such things," now is your time to shine. It even has a tool that they claim will import your old blog (including a Blogger blog) so that you can have an entirely seamless experience. The Website also claims that Wordpress blogs plays nice with personal domain names. So get out there and see the world, or the virtual world of Wordpress.
I shopped for a new T-Mobile phone this weekend too. T-Mobile has this really cool new thing going on with some of its phones. You can now use the T-Mobile Hot*Spots (available at places like Starbucks) and any other open WiFi access point, including the one in your home (what do you mean you don't have WiFi in your home? Have you been living under a rock? Everyone is wireless nowadays) to make phone calls and the calls do not count against your minutes. Plus, if you start the call at a WiFi point and walk out to say, go to the beach or something, the call gets handed over to the cellular network and you just keep talking like nothing ever happened and those minutes *still* do not count toward your monthly total. The way I see it is that given that there is pretty much a Starbucks everywhere, all you ever really have to do when you want to call someone is get within the vicinity of one, place the call and then walkout to go do whatever terribly important thing it was you had to do, like go play video games and win cheap and overpriced prizes.
Are you moving to wordpress now? Sounds like too much work for me to move... I'm sticking with blogger. ;)
ReplyDeleteI have had a free wordpress blog for a while now... I started it in order to be able to comment on another site... I tried to keep it up, but didnt find it much different from Blogger... I just dont see the need to change... what do you like about it over Blogger?
ReplyDeleteAre you SURE about the call still not counting towards your minutes if you leave??? That may just have to be my first stop of the day!lol
As for the 2 day a week update... Perhaps you are no longer procrastinating and just enjoying life! Sounds like things are pretty good there! =]
Oh and look into sending away for your meds from Canada. My Dad does it for his and my Grandmas meds monthly. It saves him TONS! i can get you the website if you are interested let me know. You fax them your px... its pretty easy I understand... and legal bty!
Desiree ~ I am not sure. I have thought about it. I do like their three column layout quite a bit.
ReplyDeleteKate ~ I like the ability to follow responses to comments I have previously left in one place (like I can in Flickr), which Wordpress allows. I like the templates. I like the easy integration of personal domain names. I like a lot of their add-ons. I like that you can make your site private but people can still get a suto-RSS-feed for the site still if you approve them. I like that there is actual tech support, where I can email them and they reply in a day. I'm not sure I'm fully sold, but there were some things.
Yes, I am sure. If you want, I can show you the NY Times article on it, but it's been reported in several other major newspapers too and the source on it is T-Mobile.
see if your insurance company does 90 day refills with mail order companies like medco - even if you can use a generic med, it will be even less expensive than going to the pharmacy every 30 days - once the initial order is put in, you just go online to reorder... check w/ the benefits specialist at work
ReplyDeleteQ.G. ~ Actually, that's not true. There is no generic I can order for the medication I take and if I order it through Medco, I have to order 3 at a time and they are $50 a pop.
ReplyDeleteyeah - but it still saves you money
ReplyDeleteQG ~ It saves me a whole $30 over a three month period. This again does not answer the question of why I have insurance in the first place. We get fucked by HMOs in America. I still haven't rehabbed my shoulder and I'm out of physical therapy visits for the year. Yay.
ReplyDelete:) You are SO right.
ReplyDeletei am not saying you are wrong - insurance, and healthcare as a whole sucks in the country.... my cobra payments for the 2 months i won't have insurance w/ my new school are gonna be @ $500 a month - and the only reason i am getting it is JUST IN CASE
ReplyDeletehummmm day 8 since a post. I think its getting worse! Hope you are staying cool! Its freakin hot here in Florida during the summer!
ReplyDelete