Friday, June 29, 2007

Infrequent

As those of you who still read my blog might have noticed, I have not been updating frequently, and when I do, it is often with writing exercises and short character scene sketches, which have been rather fun to write. Unfortunately, after the last installment, I found out that my girlfriend was becoming attached to my characters and she didn't want anything bad to happen to them, which greatly limited my options. So I sort of let the characters sit. I also was not sure if many readers actually liked the writing or the style of it. They were unpolished.

However, all of that still does not explain why I have been so lax in updating. Part of it has been a lack of creativity on my part. I've just felt drained. I have been really busy at work the last couple of months and and when I get home at night, I haven't had the energy to pour into a new post. Plus, I have finally started going back to the gym on a somewhat regular basis. I am supposed to workout at least three times per week, with some physical therapy exercises thrown in and attend physical therapy once per week for about the next month. The shoulder recovery will probably not be 100%, but it should be better than it was. I also got my final cavity filled, but found out that I need to go in for surgery and get all my wisdom teeth out.

I have also had some family issues going on. I do not have a very big family. In fact, I barely have any family. Almost my entire family has abandoned me over my life, is it any wonder I have trouble forming healthy attachments. I think all of that has taken its toll on me emotionally, as has some crazy financial adviser lady in-town that decided to pursue a mission in getting me fired this past week. The excitement just never seems to end. However, things have been more or less good.

I still have the same girlfriend and I do not hate her. This is a huge thing for me because normally within three months, often three weeks, I am tired of the woman I am dating and want to breakup with her, but I like this one. We've even been testing the limits and living with each other for weeks at a time and so far, I haven't scared her away. I think she must be crazy.

I got a phone call from a former student this week. She needed advice regarding her legal career options. She just had her first child a couple of years ago and she's getting divorced. I barely knew she was even married and now she's going to be divorced. And I just found out last week that another woman I know has been married and divorced already. It was all so fast, like a shooting star. It's often stories like that that make me feel alright for not being in a rush to walk down the aisle and exchange tokens in front of friends and family; there simply is no need to rush the rest of one's life.

3 comments:

  1. a) the posts/writing exercises have been great to read - i haven't commented on them because they didn't seem like commeting was appropriate

    b) sorry to hear about the family probs

    c) glad to hear the relationship is progressing (especially since you are the same guy who in chat told me he had no desire to be involved only weeks before this relationship started)

    d) glad to hear the shoulder is getting better

    e) as for the work stuff - works sucks.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not having work kind of sucks too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to have the update. I for one liked to read the 'writing exercises' but I will admit that I missed the 'you' bit in the blog.

    Glad you are back to the gym and the shoulder is coming along! It may never be 100% but you never know... it just may be! =]

    As for the marriage thing... Up north (I moved from the Philly area last Aug) I only had 1 friend that was divorsed. Honestly! Down here I know more people that are divorsed or on their 2nd marriage than I do married! idk what it is. I think if I ever found myself single again (and I hope that doesnt happen!!) I wouldnt get married but live together. I dont plan on having anymore kids... other than that I dont see a reason to do it. Even if the taxes are less! lol

    ReplyDelete

Google
WWW Search this site