Friday, May 11, 2007

Vacation

For those of you playing "Where in the World is J", I will be leaving tomorrow morning on vacation to random areas of Florida. Only one destination is firmly planned and the rest are all dependent on weather and fire conditions. I couldn't care less, as long as I am relaxing and not having to come to work. Somehow this last week has been more stressful than most in recent memory and I simply cannot wait to see my girlfriend and hang out with a couple of my best friends and relax.

Every morning, I am now greeted by the lovely scent of the fireplace that is the state of Florida, while a thick smoky haze covers the risen sun. As you can see here, Florida has no shortage of heat, and the next time we get any decent amount of rain, it is likely going to be such a shock to the soil that it won't know what to do with itself. Forget worrying about hurricanes, we're going to need to hope that at least five of them to hit this year, just to bring us back from this insane drought we are experiencing. Unfortunately, the winds of the approaching storms will whip the flames about and likely spread any fires already blazing before they hit land.

One may ask, "Why did you decide to vacation in this fiery, dehydrated, smoke infused wasteland?" to which I answer, No one expects the Spanish Inquisition. Besides where else could I have the chance of getting really exciting photos of flames and terror? California, you say? But that's a long plane ride. Besides, as a last resort, I can just point my car south and end up in Key West in a matter of a few short hours.

I hope you all have a great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure that Torquemada expected the Spanish Inquisition...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I toured Fl last summer by motorcycle and it was a total blast! I didnt have lodging either... We went down the east coast, across the state and back up the west coast. It was great to see the different beaches and their characters.

    Have a wonderful and relaxing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we expect pictures after, J?

    ReplyDelete

Google
WWW Search this site