I was convinced, somewhere along the line, to establish a My Space page. (I actually wound up with two of them, although I cannot figure out how and am doing my best to remove one of them, but it does not seem to be linked to any email account that I actually use. So I'm not sure where it came from, nor how to delete it.) I didn't really enjoy the idea of establishing a presence on My Space, as I really think the pages are stupid and annoying. They can get so bogged down with content and everyone has some sort of song that automatically starts when the page loads - tell me that isn't bloody annoying.
I really feel that My Space pages can often be referred to as My Virtual Clutter Zone. The organization and layout of the content is, to me, absolutely annoying and pointless. If I really wanted all of that crap, I could add it to my blog. After all, to me, I feel the blog is probably the most important aspect of those pages (unless I'm looking for gorgeous red heads), and most people I have seen on there do not update theirs very frequently, if at all. Not to mention, the blog is not really featured very prominently and the posts look bizarre there. It reminds me of blogging for junior high. (Not that my blog is terribly impressive or updated frequently enough. It does, however, seem to have a bit more of a sophisticated appearance.)
I am, however, terribly happy that I created the page. Not just so that I could gawk at the lovely ladies or do something trendy, but also because it allowed me to find two of my friends that I have known since I was about six, but who I lost touch with over the last three or four years. I also located another friend from high school. I'm so excited. I haven't actually been able to communicate with any of them yet, as they seem to check their pages about as frequently as I check my snail mail box. However, I figure that will all come in time and soon I will be catching up and learning about their new and exciting lives.
Every now and again, the Internet spits out a gem.
I really feel that My Space pages can often be referred to as My Virtual Clutter Zone. The organization and layout of the content is, to me, absolutely annoying and pointless. If I really wanted all of that crap, I could add it to my blog. After all, to me, I feel the blog is probably the most important aspect of those pages (unless I'm looking for gorgeous red heads), and most people I have seen on there do not update theirs very frequently, if at all. Not to mention, the blog is not really featured very prominently and the posts look bizarre there. It reminds me of blogging for junior high. (Not that my blog is terribly impressive or updated frequently enough. It does, however, seem to have a bit more of a sophisticated appearance.)
I am, however, terribly happy that I created the page. Not just so that I could gawk at the lovely ladies or do something trendy, but also because it allowed me to find two of my friends that I have known since I was about six, but who I lost touch with over the last three or four years. I also located another friend from high school. I'm so excited. I haven't actually been able to communicate with any of them yet, as they seem to check their pages about as frequently as I check my snail mail box. However, I figure that will all come in time and soon I will be catching up and learning about their new and exciting lives.
Every now and again, the Internet spits out a gem.
I love some of the people who have found me on MySpace, but there are lots of crazy people from the past who come crawling back, as well.ww
ReplyDeletetold you.
ReplyDelete..."After all, to me, I feel the blog is probably the most important aspect of those pages (unless I'm looking for gorgeous red heads)..."
ReplyDeletenot to mention the free porn videos and photos there! lol I had a page but deleted it about 2 years ago. I found that every lesbian girl wanted to email me and be my new best friend... no, I have nothing against lesbians... but I am not interested in being solicited by them! lol
I started up the page because my kids were there with their friends... yes... 11 and 13 year olds run rampid there! We all have since cancelled our pages! lol
They im and chat on World of Warcraft now. I blog. We are all happy (although clearly not content *wink)
You are younger than I am... I sorta doubt that I have any long lost friends there. I seem to be among the most progressive of my friends in this arena.
Myspace is both burden, and necessity.
ReplyDeleteFace it.
Ha. I hate MySpace. I think it's total crap. It's poorly organized and ugly as hell. Everyone's animations on your page... I hate it. Plus they encourage kids to put their school and all kinds of information that should not be put online like that.
ReplyDeleteI think MySpace's popularity is a huge testament to being considered "cool". How they got to be considered cool, I am not sure, but their popularity is NOT due to their quality of services rendered. It's due to peer pressure to be cool.
That's my opinion.