Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Vice President Stole the Show

"You're married?!"

"Yeah, but it's ok. My wife doesn't have a problem with me talking to other women."

"You just asked me out on a date."

Clearly, he didn't see a problem with this either. Perhaps it was the alcohol or perhaps there was just something special about the night, we may never know, but things just kept getting better. The next logical thing to do, it seemed to him, was to have these women call his wife. The look on the girls' faces when one of this gentleman's children (likely not more than six) answered the phone was positively priceless and only slightly less amusing than the look on the man's face when his wife hung up on him.

The best thing about guys like that, is I look absolutely fantastic when compared to them, and suddenly I had the attention and affection of not less than four women, and a great story to blog about the next day.

He later tried to explain himself, as the entire female population of the room turned on him (word travels fast). I don't think he saw it coming before it was already upon him, but the greatest part was how incredulous he was that these women could possibly be annoyed with him.

"You have to understand what I do."

"Oh, we understand."

"No. I network. It's my job to meet people and make connections. It's all in the job description."

This guy was awesome. He had absolutely no moral compass, or if he did, it surely was not kicking in that night. The funny part was, I could still tell that there were at least a couple of women there thinking, maybe I'll call him later.

(Note: He's a Vice President for financial planning firm.)

4 comments:

  1. What an asshole!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. only trash would call him later. Justin you should delete him from your cell phone. Did you have fun with him that night?

    J/k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one Sass.

    What a moron. I also hate the excuse "Well, I'm a peope person. I can't help myself." Whatever.

    Stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. K ~ That did seem to be the general sentiment.

    Sass ~ I had to get his number for you; he seemed like your type. ;-)

    Mandi ~ Excuses. Excuses. It's almost like the excuse of, "I'm too busy to update my blog" after two weeks. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Google
WWW Search this site