Saturday, February 04, 2006

Late Night Confessions

Her children were elsewhere in the voluminous house, finishing their homework.

"You know just before I met my husband, I dated a man that was sweet, loving, and caring. I end up married to a man that won't show me a drop of emotion without me exerting an ocean of effort." She had a forlorn look across her face, absolute agony threatened to escape.

"Why did you breakup with him?"

"He wanted a commitment; he wanted a family. He was ready and I just wasn't. I couldn't give him what he wanted, so I left him. By the time I was ready, he had already found a woman, a really great woman. He has children now, and is very happy. Now and again he calls me." She swallowed. Regret and acceptance in her eyes.

"Wow. I never knew."

"You know my husband once got angry with me and said, 'You still love him don't you?'. To which I replied, 'Well of course I still love him. I am with you and I am faithful to you but there will always be a part of me that loves him and you're just going to have to accept it.' It was never really discussed again."

5 comments:

Google
WWW Search this site