Monday, November 14, 2005

My Medicated Weekend

There was one other side effect to me taking prednisone that I had forgotten until this weekend. It makes me really depressed. I could not figure out what the hell was happening until it suddenly occurred to me that the same thing happened when I took it in undergrad. Good times. However, it did probably assist me in managing to sleep no less than 20 hours on Saturday! I don't think I have ever slept that much in my life. Fortunately, my time with prednisone has now come to an end. Although, I still remain rather congested. Not to worry, though, my doctor just called and they are phoning in a prescription for me as we speak. Man being sick is expensive.

My weekend did afford me some waking hours to check out some current events. I personally get annoyed, and this could be the drugs talking, with all this back and forth now about whether certain Congressmen were duped into entering the Iraq war. I cannot help thinking as I listen to it all that I knew there were no weapons of mass destruction before we invaded. How could I possibly be smarter than all of our elected officials now crying foul?

As I recall, the proponents of the war actually began their campaign for battle with the argument that democracy must be brought to the Middle East. Clearly, there was a segment of the population that thought invading Iraq was important even before the idea that weapons of mass destruction may exist over there was advanced with any insistence. However, the initial arguments for invading Iraq did not play tremendously well with the media and did not seem to foster a tremendous amount of public support. Then is was "discovered" that these weapons of mass destruction were over there and we really needed to invade now. This argument seemed to do much better. Americans got scared. Colin Powell even said, and I paraphrase, If we don't get in there now, we are fucked. I just kept thinking, the same people that wanted to go to war in the first place are the same people telling me that there are weapons of mass destruction over there now.

My senseless ramblings are about as political as I get here. If you want real political action, you should go visit Thomas's Blog. It's much more politically enthusiastic.

13 comments:

  1. Now that he's calling himself Publius, are we supposed to pretend like we don't know his name or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, being sick is expensive. Don't get me started on the state of the US health care system... now, that would be political.

    I hope you're feeling better. I'd give, well not my right arm, but maybe a couple toes to sleep 20 hours in one day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I slept REALLY good Saturday night. It was so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. J, I'm gonna be honest here. I skimmed through all your political jargon. It's true. I am not big on politics. There. I said it.

    Hope you're feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. K, You skimmed?? I'm crushed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kiki,
    Even though I was a poli Sci undergrad I am with you when it comes to blogging.
    J- can you do some more of talking about sex and love?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would, Sass, but I think everyone else seems to be doing enough of that for me. Besides my comments on their blogs should be sufficient.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Were there weapons? Yes. Hussein used them. Did he prove to the U.N. that he destroyed them? No. Hussein did not.

    Will Hitler kill millions of Jews? Maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  9. 20 hrs of sleep!! i hope you're well-rested nand recovered now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So 20 hrs of sleep, can you re-call one dream you had?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Sass. Give us more juicy info.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wake up! Be a man and get out of your blogger block!!!! Or else!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Feeling better, J?

    ReplyDelete

Google
WWW Search this site