Friday night was ridiculous.
I ended up out with a friend at a local dining/drinking establishment, to watch the game, have some dinner, play some pool, and ponder how I ended up being misunderstood for the greater part of the afternoon. Margaritaville came to mind and I knew that by the end of it all, I would blame myself even though I really was not sure what I had done wrong. I have found that when dealing with the opposite sex, it's often best to choose your battles and this was one that I was more than willing to lose. A phone call or two later and things were magically resolved. Great. Rack 'em up.
One of the tables next to us was occupied by a pretty girl and a young guy with tattoos. He dropped a quarter on the table to reserve it for when my partner and I had finished. Cool. Somehow it then occurred to him that he should by my friend and I shots. Why? Why did he buy me shots? Not wanting to offend him, I took the shot. And then my partner willingly handed me hers as she didn't feel like drinking it. I knew things were about to go bad. I just wasn't aware of how bad.
It turns out the pretty girl works in a clinic counseling heroin addicts. Her boyfriend is a former crack addict, two time convicted felon (would have been three, but his attorney got him off - so almost three strikes), is wanted for murder, but he swears he didn't do it, and attempted murder (he admitted he did that). He has titanium rods in his mouth for reconstructive surgery because he assaulted an officer or two in his time, and has a history of resisting arrest. Look at the new friends I made, sweetie. I'm not sure she was pleased. I don't think I have had that much to drink in at least one year. If I hadn't encountered the mysterious stranger and his companion, I wouldn't have done it at all.
The next day I awoke, and only with a very mild hangover. Yeah yeah, I know, with skills like these I should be an alcoholic. If only I enjoyed it more, perhaps I would, but I pretty much got over that. We made breakfast, discussed numerous earth shattering topics like her overwhelming beauty, and prepared for our trip to Octoberfest. My friend tried to lure me with the beer, but I only had eyes for the sausage. We got a late start, she had a hair appointment, so off she went, with a promise to call me later so we could work out plans for the evening. This was the last time I saw her. I don't know where she is or if she's hurt, angry, or anything in-between. I contacted her family to let them know, and they are missing too. Perhaps she really was too good to be true.
Wilma, that attention starved whore, was clearly annoyed that I was wholly preoccupied with another woman, as she came barreling in at a full category higher than she was supposed to be. Off went my power. Down came the trees. A deluge of wind and rain ensued as I stared out and contemplated which event I would consider worse in retrospect. The disappearance of the woman of my dreams, or the absolute unfettered anger of another. As I really couldn't answer that question, I continued reading, and waited for daylight.
I now sit at my friend's house in a distant part of the state. She insisted that I come, and as she had electricity, food, hot water, and the warmth of friendship to offer, I was really in no position to say no.
This weekend has left me pretty displaced and disoriented, but alive nonetheless.
I ended up out with a friend at a local dining/drinking establishment, to watch the game, have some dinner, play some pool, and ponder how I ended up being misunderstood for the greater part of the afternoon. Margaritaville came to mind and I knew that by the end of it all, I would blame myself even though I really was not sure what I had done wrong. I have found that when dealing with the opposite sex, it's often best to choose your battles and this was one that I was more than willing to lose. A phone call or two later and things were magically resolved. Great. Rack 'em up.
One of the tables next to us was occupied by a pretty girl and a young guy with tattoos. He dropped a quarter on the table to reserve it for when my partner and I had finished. Cool. Somehow it then occurred to him that he should by my friend and I shots. Why? Why did he buy me shots? Not wanting to offend him, I took the shot. And then my partner willingly handed me hers as she didn't feel like drinking it. I knew things were about to go bad. I just wasn't aware of how bad.
It turns out the pretty girl works in a clinic counseling heroin addicts. Her boyfriend is a former crack addict, two time convicted felon (would have been three, but his attorney got him off - so almost three strikes), is wanted for murder, but he swears he didn't do it, and attempted murder (he admitted he did that). He has titanium rods in his mouth for reconstructive surgery because he assaulted an officer or two in his time, and has a history of resisting arrest. Look at the new friends I made, sweetie. I'm not sure she was pleased. I don't think I have had that much to drink in at least one year. If I hadn't encountered the mysterious stranger and his companion, I wouldn't have done it at all.
The next day I awoke, and only with a very mild hangover. Yeah yeah, I know, with skills like these I should be an alcoholic. If only I enjoyed it more, perhaps I would, but I pretty much got over that. We made breakfast, discussed numerous earth shattering topics like her overwhelming beauty, and prepared for our trip to Octoberfest. My friend tried to lure me with the beer, but I only had eyes for the sausage. We got a late start, she had a hair appointment, so off she went, with a promise to call me later so we could work out plans for the evening. This was the last time I saw her. I don't know where she is or if she's hurt, angry, or anything in-between. I contacted her family to let them know, and they are missing too. Perhaps she really was too good to be true.
Wilma, that attention starved whore, was clearly annoyed that I was wholly preoccupied with another woman, as she came barreling in at a full category higher than she was supposed to be. Off went my power. Down came the trees. A deluge of wind and rain ensued as I stared out and contemplated which event I would consider worse in retrospect. The disappearance of the woman of my dreams, or the absolute unfettered anger of another. As I really couldn't answer that question, I continued reading, and waited for daylight.
I now sit at my friend's house in a distant part of the state. She insisted that I come, and as she had electricity, food, hot water, and the warmth of friendship to offer, I was really in no position to say no.
This weekend has left me pretty displaced and disoriented, but alive nonetheless.
i'm glad that you are alive and well, at least!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're ok too. I was worried about you.
ReplyDeleteSo the girl you were on a date with disapeared? I'm confused. It's easy to confuse me though. I'm glad you are okay. I've missed you!
ReplyDeleteThe phrase, "Dude, that sucks!" comes to mind. But I probably ought to say something more insightful than that. I'll let you know when I think of something.
ReplyDeleteBy the way- I totally feel loved. Thanks for putting me on your links!
ReplyDelete