I know I haven't updated in awhile. Things have been intense, and not in a good way. So I haven't been feeling in a very post friendly mood. I've been commenting though. It's easier to comment on other people's thoughts, ideas, and posts than to come up with my own in these times of confusion, or at least to come up with my own that I wish to share in the public forum that is my blog.
It has been amusing to leave the same post up for so long. I received six comments on it. Count them, 6! If I had only left the post up for a few days, I'm not sure the commentators would have scrolled down to read it, let alone post a comment regarding it. So maybe it's a good thing to be stagnant sometimes. It's also been interesting to learn where people reading my Webpage are from and how they end up on my page; statistics intrigue me. I am even listed as a link on a random person's Website. Go me.
Growing up, and even currently, I have been friends with a lot of girls/women (their classification changes as I age). They taught me an awful lot about themselves. One thing that I often heard them complain about was men just audaciously walking up to them and trying to pick them up. They hated that and used to complain about it a lot. This has always been a tough thing for me to know because as a result, I never want to approach a group of women when they are out because I never want to be that guy that spoils their night by trying to pick them up, who they complain about the next day to their friends or on their blog. The other problem is I never know if I want the woman I am dating to be a chick I picked-up one night at a bar or a club. Then again, women also complain that the guy's they like don't ask them out or "make a move". So I was always stuck with a vicious conundrum when at a club or bar or anything where there were hot girls I wanted to get to know better but didn't want to offend or annoy. As a solution, I ignored the situation and decided to stop caring. This sometimes led to random women making a "Justin sandwich" to get my attention or some other random happening, but often ended up with me just being amused at the sites and sounds, and going home as alone as I was to start the evening, which is not always a bad thing. This also, at times, led women who liked me to think that I was not interested. Women - dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.
It strikes me that there really is no other way for men to proceed than to hit on lots of girls and let them be annoyed or frustrated. Women are afraid to appear "too interested" so they give "subtle hints" that men don't pick up on. Sometimes when a guy asks her out she thinks it's because of the "hints", but it often is because he's hitting on lots of women. Unless the woman has been particularly obvious in her "hints", which I have seen occur. Amusing. There really should be a rule book.
Turning to another national issue of great importance, the new Real ID Act passed. A lot of people were upset about this item and wanted people to write their senators and such to stop it from passing, but it passed anyway, and will be signed into effect by the President later this month. What does that mean to you? Basically that it's going to be ridiculously hard to get a damn driver's license from now on, and lines are just going to suck. Not to mention a ton of your personal data is supposed to be kept on these electronically readable cards, but there's no real clear way to keep the information secure. So the guy that swipes the card at 7-11 could be selling your info to someone else, or using it for his own twisted ends. I am not sure that enough thought was put into this system. In fact, a lot of states say they don't have the resources (funds) to carry out the requirements of this measure - under which all of their licensing systems have to link with the Fed's systems.
So there are a couple interesting items on which you may comment. Because, as you know, I am a comment whore.
It has been amusing to leave the same post up for so long. I received six comments on it. Count them, 6! If I had only left the post up for a few days, I'm not sure the commentators would have scrolled down to read it, let alone post a comment regarding it. So maybe it's a good thing to be stagnant sometimes. It's also been interesting to learn where people reading my Webpage are from and how they end up on my page; statistics intrigue me. I am even listed as a link on a random person's Website. Go me.
Growing up, and even currently, I have been friends with a lot of girls/women (their classification changes as I age). They taught me an awful lot about themselves. One thing that I often heard them complain about was men just audaciously walking up to them and trying to pick them up. They hated that and used to complain about it a lot. This has always been a tough thing for me to know because as a result, I never want to approach a group of women when they are out because I never want to be that guy that spoils their night by trying to pick them up, who they complain about the next day to their friends or on their blog. The other problem is I never know if I want the woman I am dating to be a chick I picked-up one night at a bar or a club. Then again, women also complain that the guy's they like don't ask them out or "make a move". So I was always stuck with a vicious conundrum when at a club or bar or anything where there were hot girls I wanted to get to know better but didn't want to offend or annoy. As a solution, I ignored the situation and decided to stop caring. This sometimes led to random women making a "Justin sandwich" to get my attention or some other random happening, but often ended up with me just being amused at the sites and sounds, and going home as alone as I was to start the evening, which is not always a bad thing. This also, at times, led women who liked me to think that I was not interested. Women - dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.
It strikes me that there really is no other way for men to proceed than to hit on lots of girls and let them be annoyed or frustrated. Women are afraid to appear "too interested" so they give "subtle hints" that men don't pick up on. Sometimes when a guy asks her out she thinks it's because of the "hints", but it often is because he's hitting on lots of women. Unless the woman has been particularly obvious in her "hints", which I have seen occur. Amusing. There really should be a rule book.
Turning to another national issue of great importance, the new Real ID Act passed. A lot of people were upset about this item and wanted people to write their senators and such to stop it from passing, but it passed anyway, and will be signed into effect by the President later this month. What does that mean to you? Basically that it's going to be ridiculously hard to get a damn driver's license from now on, and lines are just going to suck. Not to mention a ton of your personal data is supposed to be kept on these electronically readable cards, but there's no real clear way to keep the information secure. So the guy that swipes the card at 7-11 could be selling your info to someone else, or using it for his own twisted ends. I am not sure that enough thought was put into this system. In fact, a lot of states say they don't have the resources (funds) to carry out the requirements of this measure - under which all of their licensing systems have to link with the Fed's systems.
So there are a couple interesting items on which you may comment. Because, as you know, I am a comment whore.
I've heard theories that say people really get married so they don't have to date anymore. Because as you said, it's confusing and there's no rules that work all the time. I've heard other theories that say you can minimize some of the hassles if you seek a girl at church, or the gym, or weight-watchers meetings, or some other place where you can be sure from the git-go that you both are pursuing the same goals.
ReplyDeleteIt seems like there are so many unspoken rules in the dating world and I've always found this to be quite stupid. For me, I've always been blatently obvious with men I like. I will tell them right off bat. If a guy annoys me or says the wrong thing, I will let him know immediatley. If a guy came up to me in a bar and started spouting out pick-up lines I would probabley just laugh at him. But if a guy came up and just tried talking and being himself I would be interested--of course if I was attracted to him. I think casual conversation, honesty, being yourself, and putting how you feel out on the table is the way to go.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/04/30/AR2005043000856.html
ReplyDeleteRead this. Just be glad the only thing REAL ID will do to you is increase your waiting time at the DMV or whatever.
OMG!!! I am a comment whore too.
ReplyDelete